24/7/365—we are available! Let us help you with your water emergency.
Your health is most important when water damage happens. Water mitigation is the process of reducing or preventing the amount of water damage that happens after a flood or a leak. It prevents secondary damage through a fast response.
Water mitigation is needed after plumbing failures or when storms cause water to rush into your home. Soaked rugs, damaged walls, warped flooring and ruined furniture are only the beginning if mitigation is not engaged quickly.
When to Call?
Seeping water damage is progressive, pervasive and can mean valuable objects may become permanently damaged – especially if emergency response is delayed beyond the first 48 hours.
When moisture seeps into anything of value, there are immediate steps that can be taken to reduce the amount of long-term damage that results.
When flooding happens take these steps:
- Call Creative Carpet Care & Restoration
- Remain calm
- Close the water main or shut off any water source so flooding stops
- Shut down the electrical breaker in damaged areas before unplugging or removing any electrical devices from the wet carpet or submerged areas.
- Put aluminum foil under legs or feet of any furniture in contact with wet carpet or water to prevent permanent staining
- Lift any curtains or draperies away from wet carpet or water
- Lift and tack up any upholstered furniture skirts
- Remove books, papers, fabrics, shoes, potted plants or other items that are able to stain wet carpet
Avoid doing these things:
- Using your home vacuum – electrical shock can result, as well as damage to the equipment
- Placing newspaper in traffic areas to walk on – newspaper ink transfers easily to wet carpet fibers, which results in permanent staining
- Walking on carpet any more than necessary—this keeps damage from spreading to unaffected areas